SCCM 2012: Boot images not updated after upgrading to SP1 in System Center 2012 Configuration Manager
January 18, 2013
Posted by on
In my upgrade I did not see this issue, but it looks like some people have it. To resolve it:
- Rename the boot.wim and the default boot wims in each architecture folder of the <smsinstall>OSD\boot\ folder – both the i386 and x64 to <wim>.bak
- Starting with the i386 folder first…Find the install folder of the ADK, which should be here if you installed with the defaults: “C:\Program Files (x86)\Windows
Kits\8.0\Assessment and Deployment Kit\Windows Preinstallation Environment\x86\en-us\winpe.wim”. You will need to copy the winpe.wim to the <smsinstall>OSD\boot\i386 folder. Rename it to boot.wim.
- You will also need to copy it again, but this time rename it so it matches the name of the default boot wim for the site – so it should look like boot.<packageid>.wim
- Update default boot image. Click “Execute Method” -> input object path as SMS_BootImagePackage.PackageID=”<Image ID you see in the Console e.g. POL00001>” -> UpdateDefaultImage
- You will need to do this for the x64 folder as well. Do not do this for any custom boot images – this is just to update the default boot wims installed during setup of the site.
as described in Clifton Hughes blog