Lync 2013: Control Panel HTTP Error 401.1
January 28, 2013
Posted by on
I am working with Lync/OCS –> Lync 2013 upgrade project. I installed Lync 2013 on my Windows Server 2012.
Issue: When I try to access Lync 2013 Server Control Panel from the Front-End Server I get “Http Error 401.1” after three unsuccessful logon attempts. I can connect to the Control PAnel from other machines though (with the same credentials set)
Resolution: Fortunately I found this thread and followed Lync MCM Jeroen Reijling advice:
Logon on to the Front-End Server with an account that is member of the local admins group
- Start “regedit”
- Go to “HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Lsa”
- Right-click the Lsa registry subkey, point to New, and then click DWORD Value
- Type DisableLoopbackCheck, and then press ENTER
- Right-click DisableLoopbackCheck, and then click Modify
- In the Value data box, type 1, and then click OK.
- Exit Registry Editor, and then restart the server.
Now Control Panel is accessible: