IT Consultant Everyday Notes

Just some problems/solutions storage

SCCM 2012: Application Catalog WebService Point failed with “Parameter set cannot be resolved using the specified named parameters.”

 

I tried to install the abovementioned role using Powershell. I followed Microsoft example letter by letter but it still failed with a nasty PowerShell error “Parameter set cannot be resolved using the specified named parameters.”

SNAGHTML53b83032

Finally I found a spreadsheet on http://www.google.ca/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=5&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0CDYQFjAE&url=http%3A%2F%2Fcm12sdk.net%2F%3Fwpdmact%3Dprocess%26did%3DMTQuaG90bGluaw%3D%3D&ei=ZVvBVMLiMIacyAT174JY&usg=AFQjCNG9mVW1L-nWqtbI813UbYzrFKCXlQ&bvm=bv.83829542,d.aWw

 

and put parameters EXACTLY in the order mentioned there. (I know, it is crazy). Surprisingly, the cmdlet works now .

SNAGHTML53bae000

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: