SCCM: What NOT to do when upgrade SCCM CB
April 28, 2016
Posted by on
Gerry published a piece of wisdom from Prod Team:
- Do NOT manually clean up EasySetupPayload folder for CM update that is being downloaded/processed.
- Do NOT manually clean up CMU without confirming the correct state and content library for the Easy Setup package.
- Do NOT restore the CM database/CM site server if there is an error with CM update (fix the issue and “retry installation”).
- Do NOT reinstall the Service Connection Point if an update is in progress.
- Do NOT use 1602 cd.latest to install a standalone primary site (Note: you can use this method to install a child primary to a 1602 CAS).
- Do NOT use 1602 cd.latest to upgrade a 1511 site or R2 SP1 (or earlier) site.
- Do NOT manually clean up any CM_Update* tables.
- Do NOT restart CMU service during installation.
- Do NOT keep the CMUStaging\<Guid> folder open during installation.
- Do NOT copy files in CMUStaging.
- Do NOT restart SMSEXEC during payload download (dmpdownloader.log shows if the package content is downloading). The Notification can get lost in that scenario.