SCCM: Windows 10 Service Plan. How to remove unnecessary languages and editions
August 18, 2016
Posted by on
I am in North America and only need en-us version of Windows 10 Enterprise Edition.
By default SCCM will put a multitude of languages and Editions in your Service Plan causing enormous size of Service Plan package.
Here is way how to limit it to Windows 10 Enterprise en-us only.
1. Limit Sync on WSUS used by your SCCM (Ideally before you even enable Upgrade option in your SCCM SUP properties):
2. Enable Upgrade option in properties of your SCCM SUP and sync updates if it is not done yet
3. Go to Windows 10 Servicing- Service Plans and start New Service Plan Wizard
4. Add English as Language filter and the following four lines in Title filter
5. Press ok in Search test page and click preview to see how it will be filtered. You should be able to see the version you need. In my case I see two
6. finish the Wizard. You should have a service plan ready for upgrade your Win10 machines to build 1607 (in my case)
Ideas are from comments to Kent Agerlund’s post here: http://blog.coretech.dk/kea/windows-10-servicing-in-configmgr-1511/