IT Consultant Everyday Notes

Just some problems/solutions storage

Monthly Archives: December 2016

SCCM: MDT boot image update failed: “Unable to mount the WIM, so the update process cannot continue”

Today I bumped into the abovementioned issue. I added some TS’ in my MDT 2013 Update 2, tweak settings for the boot image, tried to rebuild it and voila – the error.

Fortunately the fix was easy enough – I started Deployment Workbench ‘as Administrator” and this time the image was re-built successfully.

Advertisements

SCCM: OSD UDI – UI++ issue

I am not a big fan of SCCM/MDT integration and decided to use a little tool from MVP Jason Sandys. UI++

The tool provides a UDI interface for pure SCCM Task Sequences.

I configured XML file the tool is used and tried my TS. Dialog boxes popped up and I was able to select the applications, but when SCCM tried to installed the selected apps the TS failed with

No matching policy assignments received.
Policy download failed, hr=0x80004005

It turned out I forgot to allow Application installation without being advertised. I checked the box and the Application is installed as expected now…

image

Azure: Azure Database bacpac import failed with “The connection is broken and recovery is not possible.”

One of my Customers asked me to implement Azure PAAS database for PoC. I am not a SQL guru and when the database was set I went to google to see how to migrate data.

 

Microsoft recommends to use export/import data using bacpac file.

So we exported db to bacpac file (took 1.5 hour for a small 500MB DB). , copy it to azure VM and after that I tried to use SQL Management Studio to import the bacpac into the new Azure database as described here: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/sql-database/sql-database-cloud-migrate-compatible-import-bacpac-ssms

 

The attempt miserably failed with the following error:

“An Exception occured while executing a Transact-TSQL statement or batch (Microsoft.SqlServer.ConnectionInfo)

Additional Information:

The connection is broken and recovery is not possible. The client driver attempted to recover connection one or more times and all attempts failed. Increase the value of ConnectRetryCount to increase the number of recovery attempts. (Microsoft SQL Server)

Cannot open database “mydatabasename” requested by login. The login failed. Login failed for user ’myusername’. (Microsoft SQL Server, Error: 4060)

 

Unusual resolution: I tried to restore the bacpac to an existing database. This attempt naturally failed with error “database already exists. Try to restore into a new database”. After that I put a name of the saved database and this time bacpac was restored successfully (it took ~1 hour again Smile )